Share page with AddThis
09 June 2017

Canada rolls out red carpet in Beijing as Centrica offloads oil sands business

Centrica has become the latest high-profile company to exit the Canadian oil sands by selling its stake in a joint venture to a trio of Chinese and international investors – just as Canadian officials jetted off to China to draw fresh foreign capital into the sector.

The British multinational utility struck a deal to sell its 60% stake in oil sands joint venture CQ Energy Canada. Qatar Petroleum International, which held the remaining 40% of CQ, is also expected to sell out.

The buyers are a consortium comprising Chinese upstream operator MIE Holdings Corp, Sino-Canadian private equity fund Can-China Global Resource Fund and Mercuria, a global energy and commodity group.

The trio will form a new company called ...

Subscription Benefits

Our three titles – Gas Matters Today, Gas Matters and LNG Business Review – tackle the biggest questions on global developments and major industry trends through a mixture of news, profiles and analysis.

Gas Matters Today

Gas Matters Today's news analysis keeps you fully briefed on the relevant people, companies and events shaping the gas, LNG and wider hydrocarbon industries.

Gas Matters

Gas Matters provides essential context for the global gas industry and wider energy complex, pairing insider insight with broader themes - from geopolitics to macroeconomics to regulatory risk.

LNG Business Review

LNG Business Review gives the insiders view on issues LNG mangers are facing today, written by Gas Strategies' network of LNG experts.

Stay current and search the past

Access news and features published daily*, plus a fully searchable archive.

Available when you need it

Save stories, features, news and interviews and also read offline in the Gas Strategies app.

Stay up-to date

Get real-time access to articles as they are published with alerts for the latest content.

Flexibility

Access content via mobile or tablet, dedicated apps, web browser or customise a downloadable pdf.

Subscribe

For more information please contact the subscriptions team on +44 (0) 20 7332 9981 or [email protected]

*Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays.

Share page with AddThis

Did you know that your Internet Explorer Browser is out of date?

Your MS Internet Explorer browser is out of date, and will not be fully compatible with our website. For best browsing experience we recommend that you upgrade your IE browser to a more recent version or use an alternative, more recent browser.