Why work at Gas Strategies
Gas Strategies gives you the opportunity to work on some of the world’s largest gas and LNG projects. Many of the leading companies in the energy sector rely on our knowledge of the gas and LNG industry to help drive value in their businesses, so you can expect to work alongside experienced industry professionals on challenging and commercially innovative and client assignments.
We will train, develop and mentor you to help you develop personal and business skills that will further your career as a professional consultant. You will get an unparalleled, practical education on the gas and LNG industry, as well as commercial consultancy skills that are the basis of delivering value to our clients across Strategy, Analytics and Operations .
What we need from you
That will depend on the role for which you are applying, but there are several traits that are common among our team:
- Intellectual curiosity: You should always be wondering ‘why?’ and ‘how?’. An in-built desire to continually know a little bit more about our clients and our industry will be very useful.
- Problem solving: Solving problems for our clients is, in very basic terms, what we do. We want people for whom problem solving is second nature.
- Commercial sense: Many of our team come from a business background and we are often advising clients on big commercial decisions, so business acumen is essential.
- Passionate interest: All of our people are passionate about gas and LNG. You don't have to be an expert to start with; but you will have real enthusiam for our business. You need that same trait of becoming engrossed in your work and pushing yourself to be the best at what you do.
- Teamwork: Our Consultancy, Marketing, Information Services, and Commercial Support staff all play a vital role in our success. Your attitude should bring out the best in yourself and the people around you.
Applying to Gas Strategies
We get a lot of candidates applying for our roles, so please afford your application and supporting documents the care you would be expected to give to work carried out for one of our clients. That means:
You CV should be succinct, clear and error-free.
Your prior experience should be descriptive and clear about your roles and responsibilities.
Your cover letter must be well-written, and offer a compelling case for you to be considered for the role.
Applications that do not meet those basic standards are highly unlikely to stand out in a competitive field, so please take the opportunity to demonstrate why you should be considered for the role.
You can see our current vacancies below.