Why work at Gas Strategies
Gas Strategies gives you the opportunity to work on some of the world’s largest gas and LNG projects. Many of the leading companies in the energy sector rely on our knowledge of the gas and LNG industry to help drive value in their businesses, so you can expect to work alongside experienced industry professionals on challenging and commercially innovative and client assignments.
We will train, develop and mentor you to help you develop personal and business skills that will further your career as a professional consultant. You will get an unparalleled, practical education on the gas and LNG industry, as well as commercial consultancy skills that are the basis of delivering value to our clients across Strategy, Analytics and Operations .
What we need from you
That will depend on the role for which you are applying, but there are several traits that are common among our team:
- Intellectual curiosity: You should always be wondering ‘why?’ and ‘how?’. An in-built desire to continually know a little bit more about our clients and our industry will be very useful.
- Problem solving: Solving problems for our clients is, in very basic terms, what we do. We want people for whom problem solving is second nature.
- Commercial sense: Many of our team come from a business background and we are often advising clients on big commercial decisions, so business acumen is essential.
- Passionate interest: All of our people are passionate about gas and LNG. You don't have to be an expert to start with; but you will have real enthusiam for our business. You need that same trait of becoming engrossed in your work and pushing yourself to be the best at what you do.
- Teamwork: Our Consultancy, Marketing, Information Services, and Commercial Support staff all play a vital role in our success. Your attitude should bring out the best in yourself and the people around you.
Applying to Gas Strategies
We get a lot of candidates applying for our roles, so please afford your application and supporting documents the care you would be expected to give to work carried out for one of our clients. That means:
You CV should be succinct, clear and error-free.
Your prior experience should be descriptive and clear about your roles and responsibilities.
Your cover letter must be well-written, and offer a compelling case for you to be considered for the role.
Applications that do not meet those basic standards are highly unlikely to stand out in a competitive field, so please take the opportunity to demonstrate why you should be considered for the role.
You can see our current vacancies below.
GAS STRATEGIES RECRUITMENT PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Privacy Statement
Gas Strategies collects and uses a limited amount of personal information about candidates who apply to positions advertised by us and we act as a data controller for the processing of information in compliance with the requirements of the GDPR.
We take our responsibility for your privacy very seriously and it is our commitment to you that we will do our utmost to ensure that your personal and confidential information will be looked after and treated with strict, well managed procedures.
This Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data of job applicants and or potential candidates for employment.
When you submit your personal information to us you acknowledge that:
• You have read this Privacy Notice and agreed to the use of your personal data as set out below
• You are not required to provide any requested information to us, but if you don’t then this may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the role to which you have applied
• We do not use automated profiling techniques on any application
• We do not process any sensitive information that may be determined from your details
• We do not store or record data or information for any longer than the role takes to be filled
• We do not share or distribute personal information beyond the recruitment team
2. Personal data we collect
We usually collect personal data directly from you when you apply for a role with us. This will include information such as your name, address, contact information, previous roles, educational history, achievements and exam results.
Further along the recruitment process we also may collect personal data about you from third parties by taking up references from prior employers, opinions from employees with whom you have interviewed, and possibly employment background check providers.
3. Use of your personal data
We collect and use your personal data only for our legitimate interest in recruitment and business management including:
• Identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment and occasionally for future roles that may become available
• Recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring
We may also analyse your personal data to improve our recruitment and hiring process and augment our ability to attract successful candidates.
Where we might want to retain your personal data to consider you for future employment opportunities, we will seek your consent.
4. Data recipients and international data transfers
Your personal data will only be accessed by recruiters and interviewers. Individuals performing administrative functions and IT personnel may also have a limited access to your personal data in order to perform their jobs.
We might occasionally use or share your personal data with other third party service providers that may assist us in recruiting talent, administering and evaluating pre-employment screening and testing, and improving our recruiting practices.
5. Data retention
If we do not employ you, we will only continue to retain and use your personal data for a period of time (which may vary depending on the country) for system administration purposes, to consider you for potential future roles, and to perform research on the performance of our recruitment activities.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technical (including encrypted emails) and operational security (including controlled and restricted access to information) to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorised staff of Gas Strategies and of our third party service providers are provided access to personal data, and these employees and third party service providers are required to treat this information as confidential.
Despite these precautions, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised persons will not obtain access to your personal data.
7. Your rights
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal data accurate, complete, and up-to-date for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We also have implemented measures that are designed to ensure that our processing of your personal data complies with this Privacy Notice and applicable law.
You may have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying, or requesting deletion of the data. You may have the right to request a copy of the personal data we have collected about you.
If you would like to make a request to access, review, or correct the personal data we have collected about you, or to discuss how we process your personal data, please contact us at DPO DETAILS / HR MANAGER
You can Download the form and send it to [email protected] together with your CV and a cover letter or simply Apply Online.